Between kid’s sports, school, work. laundry, and dishes, there is often very little time for us Moms to get any kind of physical activity in. I am certainly having a hard time balancing life and fitness myself. In fact, right now I actually don’t even have a routine at all. But, I do have a few tips and tricks that I have learned over the years that work for me and keep me motivated.
I go through phases where I work out every day and get into a great routine and then all the sudden, I have no time. I try not to be too hard on myself, because I know that balance requires going through these phases. I do try to constantly think of new ways to stay healthy because I need to be the best I can be for my family. Many women think you have to have abs to be considered healthy and that is simply not true. I used to be one of those women. All you need to do is make steps towards health and have a healthy mindset which is most important.
Here are a few tips that have helped me tremendously since I became a mom almost 13 years ago.
1. MINDSET ~ This is the first and most important step you must take to accomplish anything in life. Remind yourself that you have birthed children and your body may never be what it was before that. Your stomach may not ever be completely flat and your boobs will never be as perky. Sorry but it’s the truth and we all know it. But, what your body is able to do is amazing and you birthed your child which is greater than looking skinny. Embrace your body and remind yourself you are incredible!
2. SET A GOAL ~ Set a realistic goal and create your plan to get there. When we set HUGE goals at first it can be overwhelming and seem discouraging. Start small and everything will fall into place.
3. EAT CLEAN (KINDA) ~ You absolutely DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT have to eat like a fitness model to get healthy! Don’t let anyone tell you that all you can eat is Chicken, Rice and Broccoli. Trust me, You will burn out so incredibly fast with this mentality! I’ve been there! Try to stick to whole foods, prep some meals to help save time, and if you want a dang piece of cake at a birthday party, then eat the cake! Make sure you have some healthy choices at home so you aren’t tempted to go on a crazy binge eating session.
4. DO SOMETHING YOU LOVE ~ Whether it’s dancing, running, lifting weights, etc. just get in there and do whatever you can. I know for myself, if I enjoy doing it, then I am more likely to look forward to it. If you find yourself dreading it, then switch it up!
5. CUTE WORKOUT CLOTHES ~ I know that when I buy a new pair of leggings or a new tank top, I feel better and can’t wait to workout. It’s a strange motivation but it does work! Some of my favorites are Victoria’s Secret, Fabletics, and Lululemon.
These are just a few tips I have for staying fit through motherhood, I would love to hear how you guys do it! Being healthy is so important especially when you’re a Momma! You have kiddos who are looking up to you and that you need to take care of!
Hope you all have a great week!