So as we all know, I recently got divorced. At first it was so hard trying to juggle everything alone. However, things around our home are changing – and I am sure many of you are going through some life changes right now as well.
So this post is going to be about how I am juggling being a mom, a gym rat, having a full-time job, two dogs, as well as a social life.
I will say, when I was alone at first…I had so much anxiety. My brain was thinking and working differently than usual. I couldn’t focus, felt unmotivated, and was so crabby and irritable. I like routine. I like things done a certain way and when my world shifts, it brings on feelings of anxiety. I have always been this way. So, I have learned how to adapt and that is exactly what I want to share with you today.
What I have learned the most is I AM A BADASS! I have never known my strength until recently. You guys, I have been completely dependent on men my whole life, only to bring disappointment. HAHA! But for real, we are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. Here are some survival tips when you are going through a big life change!!!
- STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF – This will make you feel so much worse. I was so bad at doing this. Life goes on and trust me it is not the end of the world.
- Gather all your financial data – Get together all your bills, write them down, write down your income and set a budget. There are so many templates for these.
- Accept Help – If you are like me, you are too stubborn and independent to even ask. But, sometimes it is so nice to get at least one hard task off your shoulders. If someone truly wants to help, let them.
- Get healthy – Eating clean and going to the gym will do wonders for not only your self esteem, but it will clear your mind and give you some “YOU” time!
- Set goals – Get your head on straight and set a goal for yourself or you and your family. Work your ass off until you reach that goal!
- Be Proud – You can do hard things! It’s all going to work out and you need to allow yourself to be proud of your accomplishments!
- One Day at a Time – Not everything is going to fix itself over night. Just focus on what you’re working towards. Become whatever you want to be! You only get one life! Don’t spend it being down!
Everyone goes through hardships, but I can promise about 90% of the time, they are a blessing in disguise. You don’t see the good when it feels like everything is crashing down around you. But, one day you wake up, snap out of it, and see the bigger picture. Be strong and give it Hell!!!